Thursday, March 12, 2009

Artcore Vol 1












this was a compilation cd released by Tooth and Nail Records back in 96'. really the only reason to get this is for two tracks. 'Evangeline" by lance Hemmingway. this is a great stripped down song. really good lyrics. don't know a damn thing by this dude except what you hear in this track. the other one is 'Leigh and me' by Starflyer 59. now I'm not biased or anything, but i think Starflyer is one of the best bands in history. this is maybe one of the greatest love songs ever written. when you play this, play it loud with the bass turned up. i swear it feels like you just walked thru a tunnel and exited into pure freakin light. there are a few other ok tracks on here, but these two stand out and they make it worth it to own the cd. have a listen...
track list is as follows:

Artcore Vol 1- Tooth and Nail Records (1996)

01. Sorcery - Joy Electric
02. Sowing in the Sun - Rose Blossom Punch
03. Leigh and Me - Starflyer 59
04. Evangaline- Lance Alton Hemingway
05. Little Nothing- Julie Band
06. Hidden Beauty- Dear
07. Subsidize - The Way Sect Bloom
08. Bedspins [Mustang Version]- Sirago 17
09. When the Curtian Falls - Luxury
10. Dominique's Libary - Havalina Rail Co.
11. Suggestion Box - MxPx
12. Going Down- Superchorme U.K.
13. Pancake Batter Girl - Almonzo
http://rapidshare.com/files/207078193/Artcore_Vol_1.rar

2 comments:

  1. This album is how I was introduced to Havalina Rail Co, one of my all-time favorite bands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotta agree with ya! I bought this album back in 95 or 96, and that Evangeline song still haunts me to this day! I haven't listened to it in years, and it just popped into my head again so I decided to search for it. Really wish I could find more about the artist...

    ReplyDelete