Thursday, July 16, 2009

Whiteheart- Freedom


















Freedom came out in 1989. i was blown away by this album, and thought is was then and still is now, a very original album, which i think was the band in part, and the Producer pushing them. a lot of people criticized this album for being too 'prog-rock' or sounding too much like U@ or whatever, but in my opinion christian music really isnt know for its originality for the most part. this seemed like a really well thought out album with some amazing drumming by Chris Hughs.'Sing Your Freedom', and 'Let It Go are my favorite tracks on this album but i dont really think there is a throwawy track on here besides 'Set the Bridge on Fire'. it just seemed a lot like the Tales of Wonder album. lots of good ideas that dont really go anywhere. but Freedom as a whole is one of my favortie rock albums of all time. dont agree? to hell with ya. no im just kidding, i think my blood sugar is low...
song list is as follows:

WhiteHeart- Freedom (1989 Sparrow Records)


01 Bye Bye Babylon 4:09
02 Sing Your Freedom 4:53
03 Let The Kingdom Come 5:03
04 Over Me 5:15
05 Eighth Wonder 4:18
06 Power Tools 4:21
07 Invitation 4:52
08 The River Will Flow 6:52
09 Set The Bridge On Fire 4:33
10 Let It Go 4:11
11 I'll Meet You There 4:18

http://rapidshare.com/files/208235475/Freedom.rar

3 comments:

  1. i grew up on this record, it is one of my all time faves. I agree that this record is one of their best, i have all of their albums, yes, even that terrible album Inside, which i cannot listen to. This and tales Of Wonder are my faves. I saw Whiteheart just before this album came out, and the show was nuts

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing some of the band in Nashville at Church I lost all interest in them. As it was often said, "Nashville shapes Christian music more than Christian Music shapes Nashville". By contrast seeing Glen Kaiser working at JPUSA in Chicago I felt all his works sincere. Just my take, perhaps I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting. i would love to here more about this sometime, concrete...

    ReplyDelete