Friday, April 3, 2009

Nobody Special


















hey does anybody remember Nobody Special? i didn't think so. this came out way the hell back in 1987 on Broken records, when christian music was struggling to find something legitimate to offer the world besides stupid Amy Grant. this is a punk band fronted by Pat Nobody. this is a great punk album, about a million times better than the crap being released today. Pat had a great talent for delivery, there isn't a song on here i don't like. check out this interview with Pat. its pretty cool, like Pat.
song list is as follows:

Nobody Special (1987 Broken Records)
01 Sliding Backwards
02 That Feelin'
03 Come Around
04 I Was
05 Dissertation
06 We Are Confident
07 People Who
08 Killin' Time
09 Burnt
10 I Wonder
11 Numb
12 Get off the Air
13 Ain't That Hard
14 Separation
15 Deeper Things
http://rapidshare.com/files/216721631/Nobody_Special.rar

3 comments:

  1. I've got some art from the liner notes as a tattoo on my shoulder... the sketch with Jesus leading the freaks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great release. Pat was Ojo Taylor's brother and between Ojo and Terry Taylor, the Taylor name was too entrenched in the Christian scene back in the late 80's. I admire Pat for building a name for himself without riding on Ojo. This was one of the first releases that made me think Christian music could be worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am looking up Pat Nobody nearly 20 yrs after buying his tape. I just searched him on iTunes and was surprised to find his album.
    I loved that tape I bought shortly after turning my life over to God. Every song is thought provoking and intense.
    Where is he now?

    ReplyDelete